Total Pageviews

Monday 13 May 2013

Transdermal Magnesium Oil is Essential to getting Sound Sleep, Putting the Breaks on Adrenaline and is the Last Missing Puzzle Piece to Curing My Adrenal Fatigue

Anyone suffering with Adrenal Fatigue will tell you recovery is only really possible with adequate sleep, but insomnia is a big part of the problem.  

This paradox happens because typically you don't produce  enough Cortisol during the day, but at night you're making too much adrenaline, so your mind races, your heart pounds and you feel you need to get up and start the day at very strange times, like at 3.00am.

I've been waking up and not able to get back to sleep for about 3-4 hours.  Lately I've decided to go downstairs and eat some oatmeal.  This helps a lot, but I was still missing about 3 hours sleep a night, with all the stirring, deciding whether or not to get up, feeling cold, getting dressed etc.

I knew it wasn't related to a need for Salt Tonic, or anything like that because I wasn't getting hot flashes.

Well it turns out that if you wake at 3.00am it typically means you are low on Magnesium.  

Because you pee so many times with Adrenal Fatigue, you inadvertently lose large amounts of Calcium and Magnesium.  In fact you lose more calcium in your pee if you are deficient in magnesium and the whole cycle just goes on and on...

Believe me, I kind of knew this was happening because my pee had a very weird aroma?

I also had a very stressful week last week and I read recently that 'Magnesium puts the breaks on Adrenaline'.  

I find I can make Adrenaline OK, and we know, no matter how adrenally fatigued you are, the body will always put survival first, so Adrenaline will not be impaired.  

Its what happens to your body when you DONT need to make adrenaline, that precious down-time when you think you are healing from the pressures of life, but in fact that's when adrenal insufficiency is most apparent.  

Basically, last week I have had to cope with a succession of disasters, all of a non-biological plumbing nature.  Plumbing problems are so destructive and expensive.  

Things got so bad, that I would get home and start shaking because my Cortisol was incredibly low.  I thought I was having a relapse, but Thankfully that didn't happen.  It was just a signal to me that I was not as well as I'd hoped and that stress is still a no-go zone for me.  

So at night, there I was tossing and turning and thinking really fast and not wanting to get up, but finding it really pathetic to just lie there.  These symptoms have been going on for about 3 weeks or more, if I think about it? 

So I analysed how I was feeling and realised I wasn't getting hot flashes, so it was not my Adrenals that were stressed.  

Also, it was not a feeling of anxiety, because all my anxiety has disappeared since taking Iodine supplements.  

Then I realised that when I woke up at night, it wasn't to worry, it was more a feeling of wanting to do lots of thing, like you do when you get a surge of adrenaline??  

Eventually I realised this nocturnal hell was due to something else, something isolated that I was not addressing??  

So I laid there wondering what it could be and feeling so much adrenaline racing through me, I decided to get transdermal magnesium to try and 'put the brakes on adrenaline', using a natural remedy.

Because we all know, that if you go to the doctor saying you can't sleep, he'll give you pills and those pills are never going to solve the underlying problem. 

So I bought the transdermal 250 millions years old magnesium in the form of an oil.  You can also buy it in flakes to have a bath in or a foot soak.  I thought I'd try the oil first.  

For anyone that's been reading this blog from the beginning, you'll know that when I started to research my electrolyte crisis that was causing my migraines, I began with Magnesium.

I took some magnesium tablets and felt quite a lot better.  It didn't last and other things happened and I didn't question anything, I just kept taking the tablets.  

Well, according to Dr Mark Sircus book Transdermal Magnesium he points out that you can take all the pills you like, but you will remain magnesium deficient because the body will only absorb about 10-15% of ingested magnesium because of the intervention of the liver.

WHAT !  I MEAN WHAT!

By the way, I bought the book after I noticed the oil was working, in fact it was more than working, I believe it was the missing piece of my own jigsaw and thats when I got better, three days after spraying myself with Transdermal Magnesium Oil. 


Now My Adrenal Fatigue is Finally Cured, I Need to Address Calcium Deficiency due to Magnesium Deficiency 

In the last stages of Adrenal Fatigue, I was peeing about 20 times a day and each time it had a very unpleasant odour.

Well it turns out that I was "calcium stripping".  This is a very serious part of perimenopause and has to be addressed.

Bone loss and menopause is a very serious thing and from what I've endured, I can see it starts a lot sooner than you think.

I'm trying to understand the role of Oestrogen in the whole calcium uptake process but all I come across are references to oestrogen having an effect on the way our digestive system absorbs calcium?

This to me makes virtually no sense?

Then I also read that Oestrogen actually has very little to do with Calcium absorption and that role is the preserve of the mustard yelllow PARATHYROID glands. 

Remember, I've said quite a few times on here about my aches and pains.  Well all of them became a lot worse in the weeks leading up to my Magnesium Oil Eureka moment.

I'm not certain if the the parathyroids are suffering because of a lack of Oestrogen?  I find this hard to believe, especially as I'm Oestrogen dominant?

What particularly confusing is that I started to excrete copious amounts of calcium (noted because of the smell) since taking Iodine.  

But of course another thing happened, I have not had a period for 2 months !!

So, if the Iodine, Tyrosine and Selenium woke up my sluggish Thyroid glands and the poor neglected parathyroid glands just couldn't keep up with the pace?

Or that the parathyroids were the first glands to notice a drop in Oestrogen and have simply joined the adrenal fatigue bandwagon and have made my life even more of a misery?

Now you can take the supplement called Boron to help your parathyroid, and the effect of that is that you will produce more Oestrogen and so things like Calcium and Magnesium excretion will be slowed down.  

But remember I notice things about my body and I am able to pinpoint exactly what did what and Boron did not make me well again.  Magnesium Transdermal Oil did.

I applied the magnesium oil about 6 pumps per day for three days.  Within the first hour I felt calmer.  Then after about 2 hours I noticed I wasn't having to pee so much.  I finally slept very well that night, and the subsequent nights.  

By the third day I felt I had energy again. The first thing I did was 9 hours of ironing!  Spread over the weekend, but 9 hours all the same.

I could never have done that a week ago!  I was astonished.

Then by the following Tuesday, I took one Boron pill.

I dont take Boron every day because I don't want more Oestrogen in my system.

Well it turns out if you read Dr Sircus book that only Transdermal Magnesium Oil will raise your levels of magnesium to the point where you are no longer deficient.  

The wonderful thing for me is that I can sleep again at night and during the day I'm astonishingly calm again.  I haven't been calm like this for YEARS!  

I'm peeing as normal again, which is about 4/5 times a day and not 20-30 and it doesn't smell weird anymore.  

I'll end this post here.  The subject of Calcium absorption and Magnesium is something I'm going to discuss much more fully quite soon.

First of all I must post more about Iodine supplementation, which will be my next post.

Ooh, just one more thing, here is a very important quote for you to be thinking about:

"Calcium will help you make bone, but it will be brittle bone, without adequate magnesium.  Magnesium makes bones springy and tough, because it binds the calcium particles together" !  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for commenting on my blog posts. The internet is a dangerous place, so I hope you dont mind but I have to check you're not a hater first - thank you!