Total Pageviews

Friday 12 April 2013

My Adrenal Fatigue is Worse and Now I Have Dehydration

This is a really quick post because I'm just so exhausted.  Any improvement in my health means I that I have to really push myself for the next couple of days, then of course I feel  a lot worse than before, and the whole thing starts again in this vicious cycle.  

I've lost weight from my arms and legs, especially my legs and cannot abide any kind of bright light or sunlight.  

I've felt as if I'd taken a trans-Atlantic flight during the night, with no meal at either end, followed by a 3-mile walk, while carrying my baggage, with no water.

My thirst increased considerably, and I thought drinking MORE water was going to help me?  Actually, I now find out that the more plain water you drink, the worse you get!  

I reached the stage where I was actually panting and shaking!

Luckily, I found out just in time that a lack of SODIUM is at the heart of my misery and Adrenal Fatigue is virtually identical to classic dehydration e.g. muscle weakness, shaking, panting, dizzy, altered mental state bordering on confusion, profuse sweating, little or no appetite.

I've felt as if I was suffering from cravings, which I thought were for sugar.  Funny thing was sweet things only made me feel worse.    

I have all of those 'classic dehydration' symptoms - except, I'm not walking in the desert (for crying out loud )!!

So FINALLY I read some more, got wise, and now I'm taking a pinch of Sea Salt granules with each glass of water I drink.  

The total amount of sea salt you should take per day is 1 teaspoon, spread out with all your glasses of water.  Basically, we're told to never drink just plain water again, whilst you're ill.  

And furthermore, all forms of fruit will make you worse, so keep up with the salt water 'tonic' and safeguard yourself further by keeping fruit consumption to just once a day.  

I've been adopting this new regime of taking a 'salt tonic' since yesterday afternoon.  I'm pleased to say I feel quite a bit better.  

Thankfully, I don't feel so freaked out by my condition, it seems more bearable, because the panting and shaking has stopped and I feel more like my old self.  Last night I actually laughed, which is unusual because I've not laughed at anything for about 2 weeks or more.    

I can think clearly again during the day, which is my main source relief.  Plus, night I didn't have to get up and pee, but I was woken up by profuse sweating.  I've linked below to a blog that cites menopausal symptoms as being akin to classical adrenal stress.  

I should mention that I've been passing water up to 12 times a day, this stopped about 3 days ago, so there has been some kind of improvement.  

The salt tonic lasts about 2 hours, by the way, then you're ill again and the damn shaking comes back.   

I'll end by passing on some very useful links.  Sorry but I just don't have the time (or patience) to explain them in any way.  They're all very good though.


You need to scroll down on that one to the contribution by 'jessesmom1987'





Here is another excellent blog listing the main dietary suggestions and it explains the vitamin and mineral links etc



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for commenting on my blog posts. The internet is a dangerous place, so I hope you dont mind but I have to check you're not a hater first - thank you!