Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 April 2013

5 days ago I was given the key, to let myself out of a 15-year prison sentence - the name of the key: IODINE !


I haven't blogged in while because I became a lot sicker since I last posted, but have now Thankfully recovered, due to several, strange, interrelated circumstances.  

I had another migraine, this time of the magnitude that I hope never to experience again, but I'm not going to talk about that this time.

For the first time in my life I'm confused:  I don't know whether to be elated that I've found, what appears to be the missing link to all my problems, or angry that I was not 'diagnosed' a long time ago?

I've decided to be positive, because I feel sooooooooooo much better, and 'HEALTH IS WEALTH', plus I look 100 times better than I have in about 10 years!

If I plot everything as it happened, I fear I will overburden readers, so I'm going to give it to you in bullet points:

1.  My adrenal fatigue reached a peak (as they do): I was shaking for about 30 minutes every morning.  The shaking would start in my left hand and radiate outwards.  At its worst it was like continous sessions of big jerks or twitches.  They were all-consuming and I recognised that I just had to sit and wait for them to pass.  

Any attempt to suppress these 'shakes' meant it would re-emerge elsewhere.  I've never in my life shaken so uncontrollably before and thankfully most of it happened at around 9.30am.  

My DH (the dear man) thought I was 'exaggerating' or somehow 'faking' it.  This made me quite angry afterwards and when (about) the worst episode of shaking stopped, I confronted his callous attitude.  

I said something like: "I hope I never see you in this reduced state, can't you see that I'm suffering what prisoners of war go through?"  He just looked at me.  I then went further and said "Why don't you believe how ill I am?".  His response was "You don't look ill, in fact you look better than you have for a long time".

We embraced!!  Dont you just love men!  

Obviously the changes in my complexion, eyes and hair, that I'd noticed since taking DHEA, L-Carnosine and DMAE - all anti-ageing amino acid supplements - have worked and are incredible in their results.  

Thankfully they enabled me to face the world during the worst health crisis of my entire life.  Crucially, I NEVER LOOKED LIKE I FELT, which I'm so grateful for.

Back to the cascade of events....

2.  I noticed quite soon after starting the 'Salt Tonic', that my Thyroid was complaining.  The pain radiating from my neck became utterly unbearable.  Twinges became dull aches, and those changed to outright throbbing.

I'm very familiar with that pain, I've had it for 15 years, but obviously this time it was louder, more intense and seemed to literally be screaming at me to do something?????? 

I took painkillers in the past, but this time I was determined not to congest my liver (as it leads to yellow eyes, which are an obvious sign of ill-health).  I started to think about why I had so much pain, especially as I was taking Levothyroxine medication?

Then the pain reached the point that it reminded me of when it first presented, when I was 35.  The pain radiates up the back of my neck, to the back of my skull and beyond.  I was also getting horrible pulsating pains around my scalp.  

I started to fear that in this condition, as it was growing worse by the minute, it would mean the next migraine would finish me off.  By that I mean, that I honestly feared, the area where migraine stems from would, horror of horrors, herniate!!

That's when I became convinced Levothyroxine was not helping me.  Remember, I've been under-dosed and over-dosed before and I knew I was not either, this time.  

I sensed my thyroid was trying to compensate for my adrenal depletion? but it was made partially numb by the medication I was taking?  

Then I read that medication was probably killing my thyroid off, in that it was becoming more and more lazy.  

It appeared to me that I needed my thyroid gland to help me now more than ever, and yet I was strangling its power with synthetic thyroid hormone.  

I remembered everything I'd learned as a student about how essential it was that THE THYROID RECEIVES IODINE in order to function.  That's when I finally questioned if I was getting enough Iodine?  

I went over to my loaf of bread to read the ingredients but it was not listed.  Nor was Iodine listed on the dairy products in the fridge, like cheese, yoghurts etc.  

Then I looked over the milk label (last resort), as I felt sure I had seen 'Iodine' labelled on milk cartons in the past?  It was NOT listed there either.  

Then I thought about all the fish I had eaten recently = next to none!  In fact I stopped eating fish in a big way when I was 30.  

I remember that clearly, because our old house had sticky old windows that were veritable hand traps, so I couldn't easily open the kitchen window, and I couldn't stand the smell of cooked fish in the kitchen the next day.     

That afternoon, I rushed to the health store to buy some Iodine, in the form of dried Sea Kelp tablets. But they said I couldn't have it whilst being medicated for Hypothyroidism.  

I spent the next 2 days in a lot of pain thinking very hard if I should come off Levo?  I knew that Levo had serious side effects, like Osteoporosis, even at correct doses.  I also remembered how it helped me with agoraphobic feelings I'd had for several years?  I was torn, but I was also in increasing pain.

I took the pain to be a warning, and made an appointment to see my doctor to ask him if I could safely come off Levothyroxine? and give myself Iodine therapy along with L-tyrosine supplementation.

Then I read this article: 


"Whether it comes in the form of thyroid disorders, estrogen imbalance or difficulty losing weight, the use of iodine often comes as the missing piece of the puzzle for an increasing number of individuals that would not have even considered it as a possibility."

Read more: http://www.blueprintfitness.co.uk/iodine_deficiency.html#ixzz2RMQczup9


The words 'missing piece of a puzzle' kept resonating in my head.

Then I ran some quick internet searches on Iodine consumption generally, especially in the Western world and realised very quickly that MOST people are deficient in Iodine because they no longer include it in bread, or milk, or anything.  Its been SCRAPPED.

Feeling very confused and at a complete loss as to how this vital element, that I thought I was being covered for in the from of Government guidelines regarding its inclusion in BREAD and MILK production, I am not afterall.  None of us are.  WE ARE ALL IODINE DEFICIENT!  What the hell happened, I mean, am I in a bad dream or something?

3.  So I went to the doctor, I told him I wanted to come off Levothyroxine and take SEA KELP that has Iodine and on top of that, L-Tyrosine supplements to assist with Thyroid function.  He said "Do it, thats fine and you can stop Levothyroxine straight away".  He was a younger doctor than I usually see, he was about 30.  

I was overjoyed!!

Remember, I presented as BORDERLINE HYPOTHYROIDISM.  So please consult your doctor if you are thinking of doing the same thing.  

4.  I finally went along and bought my first bottle of 500 tablets of Sea Kelp extract (Iodine) 15mg.  WITHIN 1 HOUR I NOTICED I FELT DIFFERENT, AFTER 2 HOURS ALL MY PAIN DISAPPEARED FROM MY NECK, SHOULDERS, BASE OF SKULL.  

THE NEXT DAY IT HAD DISAPPEARED FROM MY SCALP!

I'm going to stop now because I'm actually starting to cry and I don't want this keyboard to electrocute me.  Save to say I have now passed the due date of my next migraine, pain free.  I'll provide links next time.  Have a productive week and remember, we have a brain for a reason, above all else, to save our own lives!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for commenting on my blog posts. The internet is a dangerous place, so I hope you dont mind but I have to check you're not a hater first - thank you!